Thursday, August 03, 2006

Poker Psychology


Many poker players perform well below their technical ability when playing in a tournament. More money and more prestige are at stake in a large tournament than in all but the biggest money games. This leads to more pressure.Speaking for myself, I have played a tournament pot with a seven-figure amount in it, and a great many in six figures.But in money games, only perhaps a dozen pots I've played have been as much as five figures. I am sure that most of you also have greatly disparate sums in these two departments.Let's discuss some of the common psychological errors in tournament play that occur in the bigger tournaments. (It is hard for me to conceive of a $10 buy-in Internet tournament as being pressure to anyone; think of the event I am talking about here to be a live tournament with a buy-in of $500 or more.)


This is a great article written by Bob Ciaffone who has had huge amounts of experience in large pot tournaments.Definitely worth a read.

Thanks for a great article Bob

Card Player Magazine - Tournament Psychology by Bob Ciaffone

technorati tags:, , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home